As the 30 minute Vegan cookbook calls this “a bowl of enlightenment”. It was indeed!! Simple. Easy to prepare. Most of all -- delicious!
Enjoy this healthy, hearty and of a “higher-power” meal.
1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
3 cups vegetable stock or water
1 package Trader Joe’s regular plain tempeh
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs water
8 cups chopped veges: broccoli, carrots, snow peas, bell peppers, zucchini, or cauliflower
1) Cook the quinoa with the 3 cups of water or vegetable stock. (~15 minutes)
2) Crumble the tempeh into a skillet with soy sauce and sesame oil
3) Cook tempeh for 10 minutes, stir occasionally
4) Chop up your veges of choice
5) Steam or stir-fry your veges
6) Place the quinoa in a bowl and then top with the veges and tempeh
7) Season with sea salt and serve!
8) Variations include: top with roasted peanuts or sesame seeds. Or use rice or noodles in place of the quinoa. Or replace tempeh with baked tofu.
Adults: 2 thumbs up!
Children: 4 thumbs up!
(a new staple food in our house!)