Sunday, December 4, 2011

Turtles for Sea Turtles!!!

I love making turtles. So easy and delicious!
All you need are pecans, vegan caramel, and some vegan dark chocolate. I use raw or the spicy pecan halves from Trader Joe’s. I buy my vegan caramels online through JJ’s Cocomels (although you could make your own – many recipes online). Most dark chocolate would work, I use the semi-sweet chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s.


Melt your caramels in the microwave or on the stovetop. Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. Next, arrange your pecans on wax paper and then top with caramel, then chocolate….. Let cool and devour!


This year while eating your turtles, think about saving some sea turtles!!!
There are many conservation groups, rescues, and charities focused on helping these beautiful sea creatures.
If you would like to help out, you can search online or visit my favorite Sea Turtle Rescue: the Sea Turtle Restoration Project at www.seaturtles.org.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment