Okay it is really just pizza!
There are many recipes out there for pizza and I have experimented with a few of them.
This first version was from Alton Brown’s Good Eats on the Food Network. It was very good.
Then for Christmas, some of my good foodie friends gave me this interesting cookbook called, Veganize it! And that I did. I have found my new favorite pizza recipe of all time!!! If you are a lover of thin-crust pizza --- stop right now --- this pizza is for us carb-loving, bread-junkie,
pizza kind of people! Chicago
2 cups warm water
2 packets of active rise yeast
¾ cup olive oil
5.5 cups of bread flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 crushed garlic glove
2 tbs herbs de
(from the source of course) Provence
What you do:
1) Combine all your ingredients (by hand or with Kitchenaid Mixer)
2) Knead dough (by hand or with mixer for ~5 minutes)
3) Place in a well greased bowl
4) Let is rise for 90 minutes
5) Punch down the dough and let it rise again for another 90 minutes
6) Place on a greased pizza pan or wood board or your pizza stone (this time I used a pan)
7) Push, roll, shape the dough to the pan
8) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
9) Spread with your choice of pizza sauce (I used TJs marinara)
10) Sprinkle with vegan cheese (I used Daiya - cheddar)
11) Sprinkle with some dried oregano and sea salt
12) Add veges of your choice (my kids picked olives)
13) And the secret to a good vegan pizza… use your misto to mist olive oil over the top (I learned this from my fave vegan pizza place in
) San Diego
14) Cook for 15-20 minutes till the crust is golden
15) Slice it and save any extra crust for me!
Adult: 2 big thumbs up
Children: 4 enthusiastic thumbs up!