There were these fun vegan Star Wars Cupcakes!!!!
Thank you to Chef JS for the ideas! Of course you are more talented than I and your Princess Leia more life-like!
These are very easy and fun to do. Here are the recipes:
Chocolate Cupcakes: (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World)
Ingredients: (makes 12)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, chocolate extract, or more vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and other extract, if using, to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are OK).
- Pour into liners, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely
Butter Cream Frosting: (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World)
Ingredients: (for 12 cupcakes)
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk or soy creamer
1. Beat until fluffy. (So easy!)
Bought these Darth Vader face rings and light sabers through Amazon
Separate the buttercream frosting and add lots of black food coloring!
Frost and place the rings and sabers on top
Bought these Storm Trooper face rings through Amazon.
Frost and place on top.
For her brown hair you can make chocolate buttercream frosting or I just added several tablespoons of cocoa to make it more brown.
Frost her face first then add a heart sprinkle for her mouth and either brown frosting for her eyes or chocolate chips.
Then frost her hair along the top and frost one side of a Chocolate Jo-Jo cookie (Trader Joe’s or Oreo’s would work) and press against the side of the cupcake. Miraculously it sticks!
Adults: 2 light sabers up!
Kids: 4 light sabers up!