Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sea Salt and Caramel Brownies

In the last few years I have discovered that I love salty and sweet and the best way to combine these flavors (in my opinion) is salt with caramel or salt with chocolate!

I made these sweet brownies yesterday for my close friend’s baby shower and they turned out to be quite a hit (with the bun in the oven too). J

Here is my very simple (and semi-homemade) creation:

Step 1

You need 1 box of Ghirardelli’s Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (yes, vegan ingredients)
Follow the directions but replace the eggs with Energy Egg Replacer or Ground flax seed (1 TBS with 3 TBS water)

Step 2

You can make your own vegan caramel (there are plenty of varieties on the internet) or if you are lazy like me then buy online from JJ’s Cocomels -- a Boulder, CO small business that makes their cocomels from coconut milk and sell many assorted varieties. YUM!

Place 5 cocomels in a dish and microwave for only 20-30 seconds (they melt fast). Drizzle this over the cooked brownies. I discovered that when it was time to cut the brownies the cocomels had returned to a semi-solid chewy state making it difficulty (messy) to cut the brownies. So in retrospect if you are going to drizzle over them do it in thin strands OR cut the brownies and then place a dollop of the melted cocomel on top!!!! I think that would work best!!
Step 3

Sea Salt! Any brand or variety you choose and as much or as little that your palette desires!!!


Then enjoy!
So simple, so yummy!!!



VOTING:
Ladies: all thumbs up
Bun in the oven: some kicks and flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment