My fellow veg friend KC, introduced me to this amazing website www.adashofcompassion.com. I found this recipe there and like usual, I was skeptical!!! But my, oh my, are these bites delicious!!!
Next time I think I will add some ground flax seed and raisins! J
What you need (slightly modified):
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
What you do:
1. In a food processor: process the almonds,walnuts,oats,cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Next mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1 tbsp each.
5. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up.
6. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
Adults: 2 thrilled thumbs up
Children: 4 happy thumbs up