I love everything Tiramisù, so when I read Chef Chloe’s recipe for Tiramisù Pancakes, I couldn’t resist! She has out done herself again! These are absolutely delicious, easy to make, and a big hit in our house!
From Chloe's Vegan Desserts
What you need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbs baking powder
1 Tbs instant espresso powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup water
¼ cup maple syrup
1 Tbs dark rum
1 cup nondairy semisweet chocolate chips
Vegan whipped cream, optional
What you do:
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
2) In a separate small bowl, whisk together the water, maple syrup, and rum.
3) Add the liquid to the flour mixture and whisk until combined; the batter should have some lumps in it.
4) Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5) Lightly oil a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
6) Pour ¼ cup batter onto the skillet. When bubbles appear in the center of the pancake, flip it.
7) Let cook on the other side until lightly browned and cooked through.
8) Remove from the skillet and keep warm in the oven.
9) Repeat with the remaining batter. If the batter becomes too thick, add a little more water, 1 tablespoonful at a time.
10) To serve, dust the pancakes with powdered sugar, chocolate shavings, maple syrup and top with a dollop of vegan whipped cream if desired.
Makes 2 to 3 servings
Adults: 2 thumbs up!
Children: 2 thumbs up!